In Web hosting, the term ‘Managed Wordpress Hosting’ has been used/abused to the point of being virtually meaningless today.
That is unless the host in question specifies EXACTLY what they manage and exactly what you, as the customer/user, are expected to manage.
Without that information, ‘Managed Wordpress Hosting’ is just marketing fluff often meant to sucker newbies into getting something different from what they thought they were getting.
At WPX Hosting, this is how we define and operate our ‘Managed Wordpress Hosting’ service (applies to all hosting plans here):
What WE Manage:
What YOU Need To Manage:
- Content for your site/s
- SEO for your site/s
- Paid ad management for your site/s
- Social media monitoring for your site/s
- Secure passwords for your site/s
- Problems caused by poor software coding in bad templates or plugins created by 3rd party developers (physically impossible for us to do, there are over 54,000 free plugins from different developers in the WordPress plugin repository) - we can't control or guarantee that every software product out there works as you want it to, that's an issue to take up with the relevant company
- Hardware issues at the user-end e.g. wonky laptop, Windows bugs, email client stubbornness (Outlook/Thunderbird) – for security reasons, we do not offer remote troubleshooting on customers’ hardware via Team Viewer
- Internet connectivity issues at the user end (check with your ISP please).
- Fixes to CSS, PHP, design or visual improvements; these are the work of a Web developer or designer, our main goal with the Fixed For You Guarantee is to get your site back up and working normally fast & free.
- Insertion of code into your website/s e.g. Adsense, Facebook widgets etc
- Theme and plugin updates – we used to automatically upgrade but that would often cause sites to break through incompatibilities with newer WP or PHP versions.
At WPX, we do NOT expect you to have System Administrator skills and our core mission is to handle as much as possible on the technology side so that you can get on with running your business.
If unsure about anything above, please approach WPX Support on Live Chat through the bottom right hand chat widget.
By Terry Kyle
Chief Dog Lover/CEO
Visit our WordPress Hosting in the UK (and learn more about the managed Wordpress hosting and what it covers here).