403 errors are common and could appear for many reasons however, they are nothing to be afraid of.
If a 403 error appears on your website, then you will see our default error page, which looks like this:
What causes 403 Errors?
The most common causes of 403 errors are;
1. There are no files uploaded to the directory of your website. If that is the case, you can check by connecting to your account via FTP.
If you don't know how, you can check out this article to see how to connect to your account using FileZilla.
2. The domain name is pointed to our servers (by using our nameservers or A Records) however, it is not added to your hosting account yet.
3. The permissions of your website's files are incorrect. If this is the case, all you have to do is raise a ticket and our Support Team will be able to fix them for you in a matter of minutes.
4. Your website has been disabled by us. The most common reason for disabling a website would be if your site is infected with malicious code/malware. If this is the case, then you should have already received an email from us with more information. You can just reply to the email/support ticket that you have received and our Support Team will help you resolve the issue.
5. Your hosting account has been suspended, most likely due to a missed payment. In this case, you will see a "Website Disabled" message on all of your websites in your hosting account.
6. You are trying to access your website through HTTPS (e.g: https://domain.com/) when there is no SSL Certificate installed or enabled on your website.
If at any point you get stuck or, aren't sure how to proceed, just raise a support ticket with us here:
and we'll answer asap!
Read more about what the most common causes of 403 Errors (and also check out our WordPress hosting in New Zealand here).
Find more information what do to when you see 403 Errors and about our hosting in Brazil.
Our custom-built CDN continues to grow. Head over to our Netherlands WordPress hosting here (we also have a CDN end point in Amsterdam too).
Visit our French page to learn more about our service there.
Everything you should know about our promo codes and discounts.
Detailed information about our hosting in Australia.
Learn more about WPX in UK.
Check out our hosting service in Singapore.
Have you visited our YouTube channel?
You can share your comment about WPX Hosting here.
Find more information about our hosting service in Germany.
What should you know about the fastest WordPress hosting?
More about us on Facebook.
Read more news and WordPress tips on our blog.