95% of customer problems can be solved through the information available via our search bar.
Can't find what you're looking for? Browse our most commonly searched topics below.
Our Current Technical Support Limit Policy
While we work very hard to ensure that site uptime and site speed are maintained for our customers' websites, there are limits to the technical support that we can offer.
For example, there are countless plugins/software add-ons available for WordPress and many of these are free and have been coded by amateurs.
There is little oversight regarding amateur Plugin uploads and while some of these are fine and don't cause any issues, badly-coded plugins bring down WP sites all the time. Plugins have their pros and cons.
In such cases, the unlucky webmaster whose site is offline due to a poorly-coded plugin or add-on and goes to their hosting company (like us) and expects the hosting company to fix the plugin (for free) and get their site working again.
This scenario is not fair, reasonable, or realistic and no hosting company in the world will freely fix faulty 3rd party plugins or software because:
1. Highly skilled hosting staff will need to spend hours, days, or even weeks fixing one plugin when that is entirely the responsibility of the original software developer.
2. These skilled hosting developers already have a full workload with their normal hosting uptime/performance responsibilitites.
3. In most cases, properly-coded plugin alternatives already exist and there is no need to keep using faulty ones.
4. A quote of many hundreds/thousands of dollars to fix a faulty plugin or add-on software may offend.
5. We can recover a site from the effects of a faulty plugin/software but cannot and will not recode that software.
6. In the case of our free site migration service, please note that this does not apply if you wish to move a current site to a brand new domain hosted with us. Such a migration is extremely time consuming and should be done at your current hosting company before moving to us.
Also, our hosting configuration at WPX Hosting is a standard LAMP (Linux + Apache + MySQL + PHP) setup and while that should work for most well-coded plugins and software add-ons, it won't work for some. We cannot and will not re-configure whole servers to accommodate the demands of one badly-coded plugin.
We do keep highly tested, proven, and considered stable releases on all software packages we install on our servers. We generally avoid using customised software and do it exclusively when there is no other option. We are using CentOS 6.5 (or the latest available) and stick to the official stable releases of the software packages for this OS, from the official source.
Here are the specific software versions:
PHP: 5.3 to 7.0
If you are in the unfortunate situation of insisting on using a particular piece of software that is not compatible with our standard hosting configuration (even if it worked OK with your last hosting company), then regettably we are not the hosting company for you and you will probably be entitled to a full refund.
If any aspect of our Technical Support Limit Policy is unclear, please raise a ticket here and we will clarify ASAP: