In this tutorial, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to configure your WPX Email account to work on your Apple Mac Mail application.
If you don't have an email account with us, or you don't know the settings for your current email account, please check our article in the knowledge base first.
Adding a New Account
To begin with, click on the Apple Icon Menu on the top left of your screen and select the System Preferences submenu;
You will be taken to your System Preferences screen where you can adjust various options on your Mac OS. Select the Internet Accounts link to proceed;
Here, you will see a list of the different accounts you have registered, including iCloud, Facebook, Vimeo, etc. Scroll down and select the Add Other Account option;
After adding a new Mail account, fill in the menu shown in the screenshot above;
1. Enter your Full Name, or as you would like it to appear on your sent email,
2. Enter your Email Address,
3. Enter your email account's Password,
4. Click the Create button,
5. A message should appear saying "Account must be manually configured". Click Next.
Incoming Mail Server Info
When entering the information for your Incoming Mail Server, you must choose between using POP3 or IMAP.
POP3 will download and remove all emails from our server, whereas IMAP will synchronise the emails between your email client(s) and our server. IMAP is recommended if you will be using this email account with multiple devices since they will all synchronise.
1. Choose your account type; you can choose either POP3 or IMAP (recommended),
2. Please enter sX.wpxhosting.com in the Mail Server field, replacing X with the number in the server name,
3. Remeber that the User Name is not your email address (you will see it in the configuration email),
4. Enter the Password of your email account,
5. Click Next.
Outgoing Mail Server Info
1. Please enter sX.wpxhosting.com as SMTP Server, replacing X with the nuber of the server name,
2. Remeber that the User Name is not your email address (you will see it in the configuration email),
3. Enter the Password of your email account,
4. Click Next.
Note: Although the outgoing username and password could say "optional" in the field, please be sure to add your username and password.
5. You may receive a message saying Additional account information required,
6. For the port number, you can use port 587 or port 465 with SSL (alternatively, you could use port 25 but this is not recommended),
7. Make sure the Authentication is set to Password,
8. Click Create when done.
Complete the Setup Process
1. Choose Preferences, from the Mail menu,
2. Click on Accounts and choose your email account,
3. Go to Advanced settings,
4. Update IMAP Port with 993 as shown,
5. Save the settings.
That's it! Your WPX Email account is now connected with your Mac.
If at any point, you get stuck or aren't sure how to proceed, just raise a support ticket with us here:
and we'll answer ASAP.